Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Diane, I'm holding in my hands a small box of chocolate bunnies.

I've started a book. It's probably the most indulgently absurd activity I've partaken of in awhile. I say "book" because I like how it sounds. Less pretentious than a "novel" yet somehow still ridiculous enough that when you say it seriously, people have a distinct look that passes over their face. They pause for a moment, and wonder what on Earth you could possibly have to say that would fill a book. Not that I've told anyone yet. But I've had that look on my face so I expect I'll get it too. I can say with almost one percent accuracy that "it" will never become a "book," but what an entirely optimistic gesture. I'd be happy with a short story, but even then, I'll say its a short story destined for bigger things. One of my favorite parts of the book is the soundtrack I'm creating for it. Yes. There will be a soundtrack. Screw movies. I want a soundtrack. I'm thinking of just writing the soundtrack right into the book. I've read books where they talk about the music being played as the characters go about their lives. I don't think I'll have it playing so much in the background, as I'll have the characters talking about the music they'd have playing in their lives were a movie. Or the music playing in their heads. Yes. That is how it will be done. One of my other favorite parts of the book is that I get to change the characters names all the time. And I have. Its one of the main male characters thats giving me the most difficulty. I'm tempted to go with John Smith and be done with it. Hmm. John Smith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home