"I've got a lot of cutting and pasting to do, gentlemen, so please, why don't you return to your porch rockers and resume whittling."
As if in a nightmare, or the Tom Hanks movie, "Terminal" which I didn't see, I dashed to and fro, to and fro, through the main terminal of London Heathrow. There must be a Starbucks. There absolutely has to be a Starbucks. To. Fro. I see the word "COFFEE" on the wall opposite me in a font that looks cruelly similar to the Starbucks font. No. It was some crap no name terminal coffee shop. I turn in desperation one last time, wandering hopelessly towards my gate when I spy a man with a Starbucks cup. I move frantically towards him. "Excuse me...did you get that in here?" I whisper pleadingly. He recognizes in me, himself and explains that its further down the terminal than anyone would possibly imagine. As I gratefully thank him and start walking away he yells after me, "It'll all be alright." And so it was. I also discovered on this jaunt to England the "Skinny lemon poppy seed muffin." So along with my venti vanilla skim latte I settled in, muffin, book and sanity to pass the time. Having just downloaded a handful of Dolly Parton songs I felt inspired to post. I don't know why. I downloaded Abba this morning. I think "Take a Chance on Me"may be one of the most compelling songs in the history of music. About 14 or 15 months from now I'll be looking for a job. I wish that I could interview at a place where it would not only okay but encouraged that I enter the interview room to music. And that ABBA would be that music.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home