Black as midnight on a moonless night.
I hung up a sign on my television last night. It says something like, "I am a time-sucking life sucker." The first disturbing part of this is that I assigned my television a persona. I've made it a person. Worse yet, I've made it a person who has the ability to manipulate and discredit me. I say discredit because I obviously ignored the sign and turned it on. Several times. Its on now. Even though I've got my back to the computer and I'm clearly involved in this post. Its on. In the background. Yet, I'm driven insane by the pounding bass from my new neighbor downstairs. Here's the question I pose. Is there a way I can treat the bass downstairs like a source of background noise that I welcome, even control? I suspect the only way to do this is to teeter more towards the edge of reality. To imagine that I control a sound clearly out of my power, sounds like something mumbled by a crazy person on the street. Apparently a crazy person like me. I wonder if my neighbor knows all the time I've spent considering his and my situation. I've imagined him as a heartless criminal. As an evil-doer bound for karmic-disaster. Then I met him on the stairs, and now I'm trying to imagine him as a hard working joe who just likes his bass. I'm straining to cling to this image. We'll see in an hour.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home